Friday, October 11, 2013

The Educational Narrative That I Liked Best

            Of the five educational narratives that we were assigned to read, the one I liked the most was Malcolm X’s “Learning to Read”.  Although, in previous blog posts I criticized the appearance because it was only text, I thought his writing was the most clear and concise.  The content of the material in this essay taught me more about him and his experiences than the other examples.  I found his descriptions to be vivid.  They drew me in and painted numerous “word pictures” in my mind.  I felt like I could relate to his words.  Through his hardships, I felt compassion; I felt his pain and concern.
            I believe that if the essay was written as a blog or newspaper article with pictures to compliment the narrative, it would make it more visually appealing to want to read.  Truthfully, I only read his work because it was an assignment.  I am glad that I had the opportunity.
            I felt that his experiences had a significant lesson and I enjoy learning things that can teach me how I can improve my life.  I found his writing to be not just inspirational, but enriching.  It teaches a lesson that has no boundaries in relation to an individual reader’s time or status.  His words carry much meaning.





No comments:

Post a Comment